Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Launchpad update

Buongiorno! If you're interested in hearing about my experiences this summer, you're welcome to follow this feed and send me questions or topics to write about. Particularly if you want me to find out how to cook something, I accept that challenge. Just let me know what, and I will figure it out and maybe make it for you when I see you next.

So for those of you that want more details, this is what is going to happen.  My family is in route to Turkey. We are headed to Istanbul first, followed by Ephesus, Marmaris, Rhodes, Crete, Santorini, Athens, Istanbul. Then I have to say see you later :( to my family and I will be on my own.

I always wanted to live in a different country. Largely inspired by my older brother Nick who lives on Germany and is so happy with his girlfriend Steffi and his engineering role. Started looking at programs and found one through Interexchange to Teach English in Europe.

After the application and screening process finalized, I found out I was matched would be living with the Corradini family in the Le Marche region of Italy for about 7 weeks.

So we've all been in the process of planning this vacation for a few months and then on top of that I start trying to learn Italian, figure out how to make lesson plans to teach these two children English.

This is not a program through Disney but I still get to stay with Casting and go back to my job when I get back. I'm extremely thankful for having supportive friends, family, coworkers, managers to be able to go out on a leap like this.

My coworkers threw an ice cream social and took me out to Qdoba for lunch on my last day.
My friends prayed for me several times and also took me out for dinner plus more icecream and helped me get to the airport.

My leader thinks I'm going to try to stay in Italy..but I tried to keep reassuring everyone I would be back before they knew it.

Hoping to use this time to grow closer to God and gain perspective of the world and my purpose.
On a simpler level, I want to learn Italian, show love to the family that I will be teaching and set them up for success in their English pursuit.
Eat lots of gelato and cappuccino , learn how to make pasta, tiramisu. Learn as much about Italian culture that I can.

Ciao!
Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment