Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Rhodos, Panda express

We're currently on a 8 hour ferry from Rhodes to Santorini- if I use my imagination enough, it could feel like a cruise ship. There's cabins, a cafeteria, a bar, and even a pool! with no water ..But you would be amazed  seeing all of the automobiles it can carry.

This morning was spent driving to Lindos and throughout the rest of the island. I finally got to ride in a Fiat and this one was called a Panda! Surprisingly, the majority of the island is rural inhabited only by olive trees and  roaming goats. I always have had automatic cars and wanted to learn to drive a manual. Since we found some empty roads, Nick turned off and let me take the wheel. Grant gave me instructions and I felt 15 again. At the end of the road we found a beautiful vacant beach access! Pictures to come.

Yesterday , we did something I will never do again, but will happily remember. We went to a fish spa. For 10 euro, you get a foot massage and then get to put your legs in a fish tank for 25 minutes. They take off a little layer of skin, and its hard to sit still if you are ticklish. Just take a deep breath, imagine you're in a hot tub with lots of bubbles.

Earlier, we had hiked to acropolis-that's the highest point.
ooh and we had my favorite food so far.. falafel. Amazing and only 2.50 but the chef used 14+ spices and two homemade sauces  so recreating would be a huge challenge.

So Rhodes I think was a good page in this adventure. Excited to see the blue roofs at our next stop.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment